Monday, May 02, 2005

A case of commitmentphobia

I hate committing to things. I end up feeling trapped even though I enter into most agreements on my own accord. The thought of being bound to something for infinity (although I realize that this infinity is just a figment of my imagination because I am a creature of free will after all) freaks me out. And it's not relationships or big things I'm talking about. It's the little things. It's these shoes in green or pink.
And these pink shoes, which I have now committed to, I will have to wear. If I don't, I'll feel guilty. This is not simply indecisiveness, but it's not as crazy as it seems either. Think about it. You've just committed to going to the gym, for instance, something I am in avoidance of right now (actually, I'm one of those people who feels that simply by having a gym pass, I am changing my physique). Masked by good intentions, you, like many guilt-ridden sloths, have chosen to lead a healthier lifestyle - one characterized by whole grains and yoga. But this choice has never actually been realized. This the fundamental issue. Delusion does not equal action - although I really wish it did. And what is action if not a commitment to something?
Well, if you haven't noticed, my ramblings aren't without cause. I am rebelling against the whole process while I am packing my pink shoes on my way to yoga.
Guilt sucks.

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all this talk of yoga and whole grain, health-conscious options is making me want nachos con salsa con queso. mmmm spanish...

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger kasia said...

yes salsa con queso is where it is at

 

Post a Comment

<< Home